The Who Keith Moon "Highly Destructive" Drum Mens and Womens T-Shirt
The second in our undeniably awesome line of The Who T-Shirts... but this ones for the drumbums out there! Your human body flesh ain't complete without one of our super-rare "Highly Destructive" classic rock drum shirts!
Seriously though, think about it... there's some amazing drummers on this earth. Classic skinners like Alex Lifeson from the band "Rush", and modern cavemen like Brann Dailor from the heavy prog metal of "Mastodon". The thing is, none of these guys have the wild character and unabashed recklessness of Keith Moon... for that matter, I'd go as far as to say most famous guitarists and frontmen couldn't even hold a flame to the ultra-violent rock-and-rock lifestyle that Moon The Loon perpetrated on mankind!
There's some crazy-ass rockstars out there, especially back in the heavy 70's (and some of the hairy 80's)... but Moon could write the official book titled "How to be a Rock Star aka Live Fast and Die Young with The Loudest Band in The World"... and that's no exaggeration... The Who were actually tested and proven to be the loudest band in the world (at one time).
Besides him being an immaculate drummer, Mad Moon was well know for destruction... .he has so many rock star antics, we have to list them in point form:
- He blew up his drum set on live television (Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour)
- He filled an acrylic drum kit with water and goldfish, then insinuated to the crowd he would eat the fish afterwards.
- He sometimes dressed in one singular color such as ginger (including dyed hair)
- He took upper-class icons and made them working class, he drove a lilac-colored Rolls-Royce that had been painted with regular house paint.
- Very well know for destroying hotel rooms, friends homes and even his own home.
- Throwing furniture out of high windows.
- Stuffing powerful explosives down toilets and igniting them (this was his calling card, estimated $500K in total damages over the years!)
- On the way to the airport, Keith insisted he forgot something and they go back to the hotel, when they got there he ran up to the room and threw the television out the window.
- He got The Who banned for life from multiple global hotel chains, including The Holiday Inn, Sheraton and The Hilton.
- He was known to drink a bottle of champagne with Courvoisier, for breakfast.
- He one drove a Cadillac into the swimming pool at The Holiday Inn, getting them all banned for life from the hotel AND the city of Flint, Michigan.
- Alice Cooper once remembers Moon showing up at his drinking club "The Hollywood Vampires" dressed like The Pope.
Besides the standard sex, drugs and rock'n'roll that comes with a touring rock band, probably the most famous incident was when Moon took a large amount of animal tranquilizers with Brandy before a 1973 Quadrophenia show in California. When he passed out twice, in the middle of two songs, he was finally taken off-stage and Pete Townshend asked the crowd if anyone "good" could play the drums, a lucky dude from the audience named Scot Halpin finished the set in Moon's place. Animal Tranquilizers... enough said.
Keiths grade school art teacher once wrote about him "Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects." This pretty much says it all... schools are filled with idiots that couldn't recognize a musical genius if it bit them in the eye (and I ain't talking about the students)!
Unfortunately, the same genius that graced him... killed him. Combine all of the above, and that makes Keith Moon one of the coolest rock drummers ever to get printed on a rock t-shirt! Rock on...