There was only one Anton Szandor LaVey in this world (Aleister Crowley counts, but not in the same way)...and whether you agree with his perspective on life or not, you have to admire his ability to bring such an aggressive social opinion to the mainstream world!
The Church of Satan is a unique beast that has a much deeper concept it's name implies, and of course most people can't get past the name...but this is in error. The Church is quite a rational organization that practices a very matter-of-fact way of living on earth among other human beings.
The easiest way to describe the Church of Satan is to read it's Nine Satanic statements...These form the core of the Church of Satan belief system. They were written by Anton LaVey. In abridged form, they state that Satan represents:
1) Satan is: Indulgence, not abstinence.
2) Satan is: Vital existence, not spiritual pipe dreams.
3) Satan is: Undefiled wisdom, not hypocritical self-deceit.
4) Satan is: Kindness to those deserving of it, not love wasted on ingrates.
5) Satan is: Vengeance, not turning the other cheek.
6) Satan is: Responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires.
7) Satan is: Man as just another animal - the most vicious of all.
8) Satan is: Gratification of all ones desires.
9) Satan is: The best friend that the Christian Church has, as he has kept them in business for centuries.
In case you're wondering, we don't follow the Satan religion...in fact we don't follow any organized religion, except perhaps rock'n'roll (but that's more of a cult - lol!). But you must appreciate the down-to-earth focus that Anton took in crafting the nine statements that shape the Church's belief system.
And in that, we chose to create a t-shirt that celebrates this seminal player in the history of rock music!